Author Topic: May 2014 Barril Order  (Read 5469 times)

Offline Julia

May 2014 Barril Order
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
Dear All (of you who ordered for May)

I think you are so lovely in enquiring as to my lateness in billing you !  I have been waiting for a response from Essential as to the missing orders etc.. but nothing (not even instructions for how I should pay them yet!).

So I'm going to send out your bills - please check my Sterling figures in case I've made an error I will round up a tiny bit the pound/euro sterling rate so that I don't get stung for charges.

These bills may still have zero values for coconut oil (again no news yet from essential) - and also other items that they have not got in stock (but didn't highlight to me.)

Anyhow - less of my waffling! 

I suggest that you pay your initial invoices UNLESS you get charged for making transfers (and want to make only one), and prefer to wait until any 'other missing items' are confirmed or otherwise!

For some lucky members your orders are confirmed in full!

You will be hearing from me individually today!

Kind regards
Julia
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:12:35 PM by Wendy »

Offline Julia

Re: May 2014 Barril Order
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »
I have just paid for the order at 11:45 am on 30th May.
I will appreciate any payments due ASAP (unless you have made special arrangements with me)
I will update you all when I have delivery information.

PLEASE REMEMBER - THE DELIVERY WILL BE COMING TO SANTA OVAIA ON THIS OCCASION AS I DO NOT HAVE CONTACTS AT BARRIL.  I will let everyone have map/directions etc nearer to the time.

Kind regards
Julia

Offline Julia

Re: May 2014 Barril Order - Now DELIVERED
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
Hello All

I am happy to report that the Essentials order DID arrive at 14:00 as promised today (June 12th 2014)!  It was unloaded and sorted (with thanks to Rachel and Derrick for their immediate assistance at my time of need).

Some of you have collected already.  Many thanks for your prompt attendance.  Others have already made arrangements for pick up tomorrow.  I will be in and out tomorrow - so please, if you have not done so already, make sure you check to make sure I'm in!

The only issues we have with our delivery is: 3 (from a pack of 6) missing items; a split sack of porridge oats (saved 3.6kg from the 5kg sack) and a swap out with a different type of baked beans).... If you are out of pocket due to this I will be letting Essential know and they will arrange a credit (I expect).

I must confess to some errors of my making (some discovered earlier) and others only discovered today.  For these I apologise.  (i.e one poor member didn't have their order of 3 items go through - except for one item (no idea how); another was left of the order e-mail distribution list; and there were some double-up line items not noticed at time of input - some of which I was able to add before the pallet left).

Although not much good to those who suffered them, all told I think I managed to get about 95% correct (not good enough by my standards, but in my defense it was my first go).

To give you some idea: 130 emails; 150 entries on a spreadsheet (same for order process) and 33 sheets of printed output.
loading two car loads of pallet items to take from the lorry to my front door (of course today the lorry had to be a 'big' one!) and unloading and sorting.

Now, I'm not telling you all this for praise or martyrdom, it must be noted that other Co-op members have done by far much much more than I have on this single occasion.  But it is to share the understanding of the concept of a co-op.

It is a pleasure to meet you all when you turn up to collect your orders.

Kind regards
Julia